Cyber Security - NoVA Lab Clips & Questions
Directions: Watch the videos for each link below. Each video has discussion questions you must answer in a Word Document. Save the Word Document as NOVA Cybersecurity Discussion Questions in your classwork folder. All 4 sections should be included on one Word Document. Number and title each section of questions. You may copy and paste the questions. You MUST answer in COMPLETE sentences (this should go without saying)!
1. Cyber Security 101
2. Cyber Code
4. Cyber Privacy
1. Cybersecurity 101 Video Questions
- Why was the Internet originally designed?
- What are some objects besides computers that can be connected to the Internet?
- What can happen if you don’t protect your computer?
- Why haven’t people developed a perfectly safe Internet?
2. Cyber Code Video Clip
- What happens if your information isn’t encrypted online?
- How have codes been used in the past to send messages?
- How does public-key cryptography work?
- What types of online information are encrypted and which data is still vulnerable?
- What is hacking?
- Name some examples of hacks outside of computing.
- What are some reasons that people hack computers?
- How can hackers protect people from exposing personal information?
4. Cyber Privacy
- What happens to photos and information that you post on social media sites?
- Name some groups that can access information that you upload to a website.
- How could identity thieves get personal information from social media posts?
- How can your friends be affected if your information is compromised?
- What steps can you take to prevent identity theft?